Members pay an annual membership fee and provide resources to support CDG activities. The fee is based on member category and total company revenue. Details on the member categories can be found in the Membership Application.
In addition to paying annual dues, members are encouraged to actively participate in the member meetings and technical teams.
- Member meetings review the activities of the teams. They are held approximately two times per year. Members are asked to sponsor the meetings.
- Members provide staff to support Working Groups (Teams) tasked with developing detailed technical approaches and appropriate documentation for CDMA development and test issues. Activities include:
- Developing technical documents
- Participating in regular meeting
- Participating in conference calls
CDMA Development Group Member Guidelines
- All CDG meetings will be conducted in accordance with appropriate antitrust guidelines as detailed below:
- CDG meetings will be limited to activities related to the scope and charter of the CDG
- CDG meetings will be documented through meeting minutes
- Each meeting will have an agenda and participants will limit discussions to those topics indicated on the agenda
- Each CDG member company agrees to provide the necessary technical and administrative resources to facilitate the CDG’s charter. Member companies will provide resources to technical team meetings and member meetings unless provision of these resources creates an undue burden on the member company.
- Members agree to abide by the policies set forth in the Member Guidelines and as may be amended from time to time. Adherence to decisions made by the CDG is voluntary (non-binding); however, in the spirit of CDG’s objectives, member companies are asked to support all CDG decisions.
- CDG membership is open to network operators, manufacturers, and application developers or content providers who have demonstrated a commitment to support the CDG’s objectives. Members must demonstrate:
- A willingness to work in good faith to support the goals of the CDG
- A willingness to supply the necessary technical and administrative resources where possible
- An ability to provide CDMA products or services within a reasonable timeframe
- All CDG members must be approved by the CDG Executive Board. The Executive Board reserves the right to limit membership in the CDG to a reasonable number of companies so that the development process does not stall through inefficiencies. Approval of a request for membership requires a majority of two-thirds of the Executive Board. (A company that is 100% owned by an existing CDG member company is considered a full member of the group.)
- The CDG will meet as necessary to accomplish its objectives. Member companies are encouraged to host/sponsor meetings.
- Members are required to pay annual dues as set by the Executive Board. Timely payment of fees is expected.
- All CDG output to external organizations (e.g., correspondence to the TIA, ITU, press announcements, etc.) must be approved by the Executive Director or the Executive Board.
- CDG membership will not be considered confidential. Material disclosed during CDG meetings is also not considered confidential. CDG members should take appropriate precautions regarding disclosure of confidential information during CDG meetings. However, in the spirit of the objectives of the CDG, all members are encouraged to treat information disclosed during the course of any CDG meeting as private.
- Each CDG member acknowledges that CDG does not review the disclosures or contributions of any CDG member nor does CDG verify the status of the ownership of any of the intellectual property rights associated with any such disclosures or contributions. Accordingly, each CDG member should consider all disclosures and contributions as being made solely on an as-is basis. If any CDG member makes any use of any disclosure or contribution, then such use is at such CDG member’s sole risk. Each CDG member agrees that CDG shall not be liable to any person or entity (including any CDG member) arising out of any use of any disclosure or contribution, including any liability arising out of infringement of intellectual property rights.
- CDG vendor members agree to abide by ANSI Patent Policy contained in ANSI Essential Requirements: Due Process Requirements for American National Standards in Clause 3.1 (i.e., agree to grant CDMA IPR under fair and reasonable terms).
- When necessary, CDG team leaders can call for votes on any particular issue. Simple majority constitutes approval of a motion. While vendors are encouraged to express their opinions and team leaders are encouraged to seek consensus, carriers are the only members allowed to vote.
- The CDG will not be involved in purchasing issues or procurement matters. The CDG in no way seeks to advantage or disadvantage any manufacturer or vendor in relation to any other. Each participant is free to take any procurement action they wish, whether consistent or inconsistent with CDG standards or recommendations.
- The CDG will not be involved in any market-related activity. CDG members will not engage in any discussions or other activities regarding pricing, internal costs, marketing, customers, or any other matters that may concern competition or commercial activity related to cellular service or any other products or services.
- The CDG will follow fair and ethical procedures for objective exploration of technical issues and evaluation of alternatives for the purposes of maximizing the likelihood that it will develop specifications that meet customer requirements in terms of function, cost, and timely deployability.